Summer has come to an END.


Well, spring seemed to fly by along with summer this year. I have started a few blogs since March, but never seem to finish them I hope to get a more detail post out by the end of the year. I have been really busy with family, travelling, work and college.
Xander has developed so much since his birthday in the last six months: He is walking and running with ease; his vocabulary is larger than 10 words and is saying a new word or two at least once a week; he is slowly learning new signs but has the four main ones down (eat, food, more, and milk); he is walking up & down the steps while holding mommy or daddy's hand; he will play fetch with the dog (or at least tries to and if the dog will not take the ball he tries to make him--lol); he has seven teeth now and is starting to eat more of what his parents eat; he loves bread and cooks (animal crackers); he does not look like he is bold; he enjoys playing with his legoes and climbing all over stuff; he is helpful when getting dressed; and still loves his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Video! There are a probably a few things that I have forgotten, but I image everyone gets the ideal.
Work has been fun and interesting this summer because I spend most of it travelling to the places on the map above via ferry, boat, float plane and Alaska Airlines. Working back on the public forecast desk at the end of summer is okay, but I would rather be out of the office doing outreach. David is still enjoying is job but now wants to work (as in fix or build) on computers less at home. It is the same for me, I would rather not be on the computer at home because I have to be on it at work. David went up to Haines for a business trip this summer of which he enjoyed the break.
On my office time, I did a little traveling to Skagway area to hike the Chilkoot Trail (33 miles--sure seemed longer) with some friends from Anchorage. We did the trail in 4.5 days. It was a blast with all the ups and downs. I was gone a total of 6 days and really missed Xander and he really missed me. It was very hard because I could not even call and talk to him. After the trip, it took a little while to get him back into his routine. To enjoy the last Alaska weekend of Summer, we went to Anchorage for Labor Day weekend. Xander went to the State Fair in Palmer and enjoyed the marry go round & the kitty train. He ate a little fair food and pet some farm animals; by the end of the fair he was pasted out. Of course like we always do in Anchorage, we went to Moose's Tooth, shopping, on the military base (for the last time), helped Denise with her computer, visited with friends and attempted to relax. The trip went very well and fun was had by all.
I am working on finishing my bachelor's degree by the end of next summer, so I have been working hard at that. I took three college classes this summer on top of everything else. I got 2 As and 1 C. I am such a slacker when it comes to put in the time required for online classes. I am taking 4 classes this fall.
I think that about covers it. I will post about fall probably in a month or two. We hope everyone good as summer as we did. Take care and enjoy the fall colors (we only get to see green and yellow smiles). I have posted pictures through August 2008 on our online photo album. Please ignore my grammar errors, I am writing this at 6 am.

Comments

Chuck Pefley said…
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. Seems like our weather and yours is opposite yet interconnected. If it's raining here in Seattle you probably have sunshine, and vice-versa.
Chuck Pefley said…
Nikki,

Hard to suggest activities for somebody else, but a would point your husband to

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/wh/

calendar which will provide links elsewhere as well.

Also, there is free bus service in the downtown core area. I'm sure I don't need to say it, but the Pike Place Market should be on his list for sure :)