A New Year,a new era upon us.

Well, yesterday was a historic event for America with the swearing in of the 44th president. His speech was great read. As, I have never watched the swearing in the president but always read the inaugural speech and yearly state of the union addresses that follow. The question is he being put to high up and going to fail because of it. I truly hope he keeps is ground and with the help of the American people and other politicians make a difference that this nation has needed for decades. Will my generation and younger generations stop being focused mainly on themselves? Who really knows. Significant change and correction of government mistakes does not come over night. So only time will tell. Of course, he will be judged by his first 100 days like every other president in history.

David and I have gotten more into following politics in Alaska and the US, since we have had Xander, because I think we care more what the world will be when he is an adult. Still probably selfish, but we do want to improve things more then every. We have a governor who keeps suing the federal government each time a new animal is added to the endangered list because it will effect oil projects. I truly love living in Alaska but the Texas based mindset in the state Government (mainly from Anchorage area) is a pain to deal with at times.

Change is not easy for yourself or for a nation. I completely understand how complex it is to get one simple thing done in government as I deal with every day in my job. Ideas can be great and wonderful but making them happen is another story. I think The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy best express how hard change is within the government with the bureaucratic alien race called the Vogons.
Well know that I have jumped from topic to topic, but I hope this gets someone thinking and moving in the right direction. I will keep voting for what I believe in and working towards helping the environment I live in.

Comments