Wonderful Start to the 2010

December was filled with a lot of blue sky, snow, rain, and good times. Kuma went on vacation to Anchorage, so he could enjoy the snow, play with family dogs, and get some execrise while I was out of comission due to my sinus surgery. After my surgery, it was hard to tell Xander that I could not pick him or really play with him. Xander was very compassionate and understanding during my recovery. My mom decided to visit with us for Christmas. She was a great help during my recovery. Xander enjoyed spending many days playing games, painting and cooking with Grammy. I was able to rediscover how much fun playing hide and seek is.
Since I had to work on Christmas, we did all our celebrating on Christmas Eve. I must say David and I bought way to much stuff for Xander, so we decided to put some aside for when he turns three at the end of March. It was wonderful to see Xander enjoy the Christmas tree and his gifts. Thank you to everyone that sent us a card and/or got Xander something. Raina, aka the Christmas Kitty, turned nine years old and enjoyed her bowl of milk.
As we said goodbye to my mom, we started to prepare for our plans for 2010. First thing was to celebrate the New Year with Xander, East Coast style (at 8 pm Alaska time). We watched the ball drop in Time Square on TV and exchange Happy New Year greetings. David and I enjoyed the rest of the evening relaxing and watching one of our shows. New Year Holiday is one of my favorites, it is amazing how each year I do less exciting things. Yes I know, it is a sign of me getting older and having more important things in my life to worry about!
The first week of the 2010 is almost over and has gone pretty well for us. Kuma turns seven years old this week and enjoyed mushing in Anchorage with Denise. We have booked all of our flights for the first half of our planned travels this year: Anchorage in February to visit friends and bring Kuma home, Savannah in mid April (which will include trips to Florida and South Carolina) to visit family and friends, and London and Ireland in late April to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary early. Xander will enjoy a long spring break in Georgia with my parents through May. I will probably spend a lot of May traveling for work and visiting ships.
Happy New Year.

Comments