Summer 2010

Summer is here again and seemed to end before it started in SE AK.  We transitioned from a sunny and mainly dry to cloudy and wet weather in early June (normally happens in July). We do still get a few dry days with sun every week or so.  As always, I save all the outdoor tasks for summer, and sadly I have the least amount of motivation to do anything.  The constant reminder that I should have been a teacher to guarantee summers off.  But, we have been enjoying the dry and wet days every chance we get, since as the natives say summer is not over till the fireweed blooms completely.  

Xander is progressing at an amazing rate with being potty trained (day and night), taking showers, and not more binky. The why question has been a constant as he tries to figure everything out. He can walk about a mile or so with out needing any help. He seems to be a pro at pedalling his trike this year. He has enjoyed meeting new people and hanging out a lot with his best friend, Sophia.  We have attend some Juneau activities like Gold Rush Days and the 4th of July parade.  We have had to ration out his candy from the parade, so Halloween will be interesting this fall.

My dad has been the only visitor this summer.  He gave us the greatest gift while he was here of building us a deck.

I have enjoyed my break from college and have stayed busy by trying to relax and build cool train tracks for Xander.  A lot of my free time over the past month has gone to checking the weather equipment on the bridge of cruise ships.  All my work trips are done, so now on to doing all the paperwork (the part that I do not like).  

David and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary on July 5th.  Who knows what the next 10 will hold for us. 

Hope everyone cherishes the sunny days a much as we do here and gets outside and does something. 

Comments