Freedom or so we thought!






Freedom to sleep in with no early riser failed for us, as the pets decide they would wake us up early every day.  So, May has been a packed full month for us even though Xander is not here.

My first weekend off was Mother Day, which we enjoyed hanging out with our friends.  It does always seem weird not seeing my son on Mother's day. But, I think that will be different next year!

My pregnancy is progressing well, but I did get diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  So, I had to change my eating habits to control my bodies ability to process glucose properly.  On the plus side, we got another ultrasound of Damon at 30 weeks to make sure he was doing well and not growing to big. Damon's heartbeat has come down to around 125 beats a minute.  I am doing weekly doctor's appointments till the end of my pregnancy and checking my blood sugar four times a day.  David has been very supportive through this process!  David and I visited the baby wing of the hospital that Damon would be born at, and it was very nice!

First, it was time to go through all of Xander old stuff to see what we would need to get for Damon. Luckily the list is short and not to expensive.  I was even able to find things on my list that are used, which has saved us money!  Now as the weeks count down, there are very few things we need to do to prepare for many sleepless nights and what will seem like never ending diaper changes.  But, it will all be worth it!

David and I enjoyed a helicopter ride to Taku Glacier in the Juneau Ice field for $100 dollars (which is less than 1/2 the price that tourist pay). First, I was surprised that I was able to convince David to go on a helicopter ride.  The Juneau Ice field is the fifth largest ice field in the Western Hemisphere that covers and area of 1,505 square miles. There are over 40 large valley glaciers and 100 smaller ones.  The Taku Glacier is the largest  glacier in the ice field and is the only one presently advancing.  National Geographic did a story back in April about the worlds population and that if there was a world party that the Juneau Ice field would be a prefect place to have it so all 7 billion people would have enough dancing room (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/video/player#/?titleID=7-billion-animation&catID=1).  Our pilot name was Damon, how fitting I thought!  We flew over the Coast Mountains through Lemon Creek area to the back of Taku Inlet to get the Taku Glacier.  The temperature was around 45 to 50 degrees with wind to 10 mph.  Once we reached the Taku Glacier, we had about 15 minutes to walk around and check things out.  It is always amazing to walk on a glacier.  A worth while trip that we cannot wait to share with Xander and Damon when they are bigger.


David and I took the opportunity to travel to Seattle together for a weekend.  We opted to stay in Kirkland and enjoy a nice hotel at a reasonable rate.  Kirkland is the home of Costco.  It is an average size town outside Seattle on Lake Washington.  We enjoyed eating out, but I was limited due to my diet.  Cool thing about Seattle, is they have a local law that requires all restaurants to put the calories of the food they serve on the menu and some places even went above and beyond to include the carbs.  The other interesting thing about Seattle area is they would not allow Walmart to set up shop, but did allow Target. We still managed not to even go into downtown Seattle, again.   One night we got to hang out with our friends from Juneau and needless to say it rained on us.

David is doing well and has even decide to quit playing WOW, needless to say I was happy about that.  He was able to get a nice raise at work and had a part-time assistant for a month or so.  He has been working on eating better with me, and he has been very helpful, also!

Work has been busy with continuing to train new hires, which is a good thing, so we can be fully staffed again.  I have started visiting cruise ships again and doing some local observation site visits.  I finally made my way up to Eaglecrest, the local ski resort, for the first time.  It was beautiful up there.  Will have to make my way back up there with the boys in July or August. I even started a little garden for the family with my black thumb.  This year is just a test, so we will have to see how things go.  I have even attempted growing grass in my tree field yard, which is actually working.

We saw a first 3D movie in over twenty years.  It was awesome, except having to put glasses on over our glasses.  The colors and the perspective of the movie were amazing to see.  The cost of the 3D movie is something to get use to.  We will take Xander to see his first 3D movie when Cars 2 comes out. 

Well, that about covers it till Xander man came home from his grandparents house.

Comments