We are Four!




It has been a fun and busy six months from the last month of my pregnancy, to giving birth to Damon, to Damon turning five months old!  We are still adjusting to our new family routine of both us working and the boys being in daycare.

June was busy with Xander coming home from GA and getting ready for a month long visitor.  Then there was also still working while pressing through the last month of pregnancy!  Xander adjusted back into our rules in a reasonable time frame by the time my mother-in-law got here.  We spent the rest of June enjoying the outside weather when it was nice and taking Xander to see Cars 2 (not in 3D) and Transformers 3 in 3D!  My night's sleep got shorter and shorter and it seemed like I was always at the Doctor because I had to go twice a week due to the gestational diabetes.

Early July was busy!  Helen, my mother-in-law, arrived 2 July.  David and Xander took her to the 4th of July parade  while I was at work.  Xander had the pleasure of staying home with her most days of the week while we paid to keep his day care slot.  I wish we could sublet Xander's slot when he is not at school, like people do with apartments!  Oh well, just one of those things we deal with by leaving here in Juneau where there is limited day care.  Each Friday before giving birth, I took Helen around town showing her different places because she had not been here since Xander was six months old (October 2007).   The first half of July was filled many nice weather days, so we enjoyed our time out as much as possible!  We even took Xander to fly his first kite at Sandy Beach.  What a blast that was.  I remember making a kite once and flying it back in 7th or 8th grade.

It started raining on the 18th of July and Damon decide that was a good day to see the world.  After about three to four hours of contractions at home, we went to the hospital and I gave birth at 6:50 am to Damon Brandon who was 7 lb 13 oz all natural.  The rest of the month was spent at home, mainly.   The sun briefly came out, which was good since Damon had jaundice.  He also had a lot of stomach problems, which we later figured out was because he allergic to cow's milk, which we are hopping he grows out of.

As our guest left, we began to settle into our new family routine.  August was a very wet month with about only two days of no rain.  We spent a lot of time at home.  September came with a few trips and another visitor.  Aunt Denise came to see her god sons!  We enjoyed a few days with her in early September.  Damon and I went for a trip down south for him to meet his Grammie and some other people.  We really enjoyed the visiting family and friends and the warmth!  We even ventured up to SC to visit David's family for a day.  While we were down south, David and Xander worked on replacing the carpet upstairs with laminate floating floors.  The end of September David went out of town on business and the boys and I hung out my last week before going back to work.

October was a very hard month for us to adjust to me going back to work.  Two months later and I would still rather be home with my boys!  I still like doing weather, but not a fan of the people issues and all the political stuff with having a government job.  On a plus side, I am finally qualified as a Meteorologist  according to the NWS and just awaiting my paper work to go through.  I have opted to put my Master degree off by a year due to all the changes at home and training that I have to do at work.  David job is going well and he has a full time employee under him that seems to be working out.  Halloween was full of first with carving a pumpkin to Damon dressing up as a pumpkin!  Xander was Optimus Prime.  The weather on Halloween night was awful, so we opt to do treating at the mall.

In November, David worked on doing the downstairs floors and my mom came to visit.  Unfortunately, we got hit with a month long sick bomb in the house ranging from stomach flu to bad ass colds.  Xander attended his first dance done by his daycare as a fundraiser.  Xander had quality time with Grammie doing lots of baking and playing.  They made a wonderful ginger bread house with dinosaurs eating gingerbread men!  Mom cook us wonderful meals and even made a diary free Thanksgiving Meal for us and our close friends!  We had awesome snow through late November and then it changed to rain by the end of the month.  David, Xander, and I enjoyed some time sledding down the hill next to the house before it all melted away!

In December, we enjoyed a few more days with my mom before she headed home.  So, we made a trip to visit Santa at the mall and we all dressed up for it.  Santa baby was a hit!  Christmas was full of a lot of presents for the boys and good times with family and friends!  Now we are awaiting to see what the New Year will hold for us!  Hopefully I will write more next year! 


Comments

MzMimi said…
I didn't know you had Damon naturally OMG! Just to confirm that means no drugs of any kind right? We need to talk about that LOL. I'm glad your family had a successful 2011 and I'm glad I got to see you and the baby. Take care.
Nikki said…
Yeah, no drugs at all!